|My new kitchen!|
I am SO excited to be able to have my own space and have this wonderful kitchen to try new recipes and entertain in. Now that I am getting settled into my own space, I feel like the year is really just starting for me. As you may have read, around the New Year, I posted my resolutions for 2012. These are big overarching goals that I am going to be working towards throughout the entire year and they are always in my mind. However, over the past couple weeks I have started to feel a little lost and have fallen into a bit of a funk with my workouts and eating. I've cheated a ton on Weight Watchers and am expecting to go up at my weigh in tomorrow. My exercise routine consists of spin class 2x a week, boot camp 3x a week, and running on the treadmill 1x a week. This is challenging, but getting a little old. I think the winter is getting to me and I am missing running outside (which is shocking for me to say!)
So, I've decided to add some new goals to the mix for the month of February to keep me on my toes and keep me challenged. I know many of you have these smaller monthly goal lists and I think that they are really great. I was super excited to put my list together and am looking forward to reporting back to you at the end of the month to let you know how I do! Let me know if you have monthly goals as well, I would love to read them and follow along as you work to achieve them!
GOALS FOR FEBRUARY 2012:
- Blog at least 10x
- Lose 5 lbs
- Do a cardio workout 3-4x a week (running 2x a week)
- Use my reusable bags at the grocery store
- Buy fruits & vegetables that are on sale that week
- Try cooking a new vegetable
- Stay away from Valentine's Day candy
- Use all of the food I purchase at the grocery store-- do not let anything go bad!
- Bring my lunch to work every day
- Do not purchase clothing for the whole month
- Finish reading one of the books I am in the middle of
- Recycle bottles & cans
- Give up coffee completely
- Go to 2 yoga classes at Good Karma Studio
- Go on a date
- Reconnect with a friend I haven't spoken to in a while
- Celebrate my friends in little ways
- Complete my taxes
- Organize my recipe binder
- Commit to a road race that I have never done before
- Tell myself I am beautiful. Out loud. Every day.
A few of these things I have already started working on (cutting out coffee) and some I've been preparing for by treating myself beforehand (I bought myself a box of Valentine's Day Junior Mints yesterday... does that defeat the purpose?) Either way, starting tomorrow I am going to work to hopefully check each of these items off my list this month. I hope everybody has a great start to your February!