Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm Back!

Hey everybody out there in blog world.  Hopefully none of you have been holding your breathe waiting for my next post.  For those of you who HAVE been waiting since October 2nd... exhale.  And breathe in.  Because I'm back!

It's been a busy few months, but frankly, no busier than usual and I have no excuse for abandoning you for so long.  I've missed A LOT.  I missed a Halloween post dedicated to yummy candy.  I missed talking about family and thankfulness and big meals of turkey and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving.  I missed writing about holiday parties and cookies and eating so much on Christmas Eve and Christmas I thought I was going to burst.  I missed year in review posts and setting goals and even all the way through January to February, I missed writing about heart candies and Valentine's Day!

I'm so sorry you guys!  But let me get you caught up and fill you in on what I've been up to and what I've been eating over the past 4.5 months and then we'll go from there.  Since October 2nd, 2012 I have traveled to Toronto, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Newport, New York City, Boston, Syracuse and some of those places more than once.  I've eaten hibachi twice, tried new recipes in the crock pot, explored Moroccan food, visited Dylan's Candy Bar many, many times, had tapas in Boston twice, eaten cannolis from Mike's Pastry, visited friends old and new.  I learned to blow glass, began training for a half marathon, danced my feet off at a few different parties, attended two Syracuse basketball games, resigned my apartment lease, and tried ice skating for the first time.  Oh yeah, and I've gained and lost the same 5 lbs a few different times :)

So that's about that!

And where am I now?  Well, I am happy.  I am thankful and I am grateful and I am excited for what is to come.  I plan to spend more time here writing over and getting to know everyone once again and hope that you will rejoin me on my journey of balanced but healthy living, adventurous eating, and hopefully a recipe or two that I can share.

I'm in bed early tonight as I've got a 4-mile run in the AM according to my 1/2 marathon training plan.  Wish me luck and thanks for sticking around!  Missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment