Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Zucchini Pizza Bites from Skinnytaste

I shared this picture on Instagram and Facebook and was getting a lot of comments so I figured I would pop in here for a quick minute and share the recipe.  I got the inspiration from Skinnytaste (she has so many amazing recipes!) and thought it would be the perfect use of my zucchini from the the CSA.  I followed her recipe of broiling the zucchini on each side, although I did mine for about 4 minutes on each side, since I cut the zucchini pretty thick.  Oh, and I realized once it was in the oven, that I had forgotten to spray the zucchini with oil and salt and pepper.  Woops!  Turned out okay though.

After broiling each side for 4 minutes, I added sauce and cheese.   Turns out my mozzarella cheese had gone bad, which I am pretty bummed about having to throw out.  But I ended up using whatever cheese I could find in my fridge, which was a combination of 2 wedges of Weight Watchers Parmesan peppercorn cheese and a couple pieces off a block of Cabot Garlic and Herb cheddar cheese.

I broiled for another 2 minutes and ended up with this masterpiece.  I must say, I had really low expectations for this dish but it turned out to be delicious!!  Can't wait to do this more.


I promise, I will be back here more.  I've got so much to share with you!  Miss you, xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love zucchini so much so I would love these I'm sure. And I'm definitely going to check out Skinnytaste!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete