Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday night waterski show

Happy 4th of July week!  I am pretty excited for the long weekend and for another lazy weekend here in Albany.  Last weekend was so nice to not drive multiple hours during my weekend and I am planning to just stick close by this coming long weekend again.  I've got some fun plans with friends and also the opportunity to relax and continue some cleaning and organizing in my apartment that I began last week.

It's starting to get really humid and hot in the mornings, today Jess and I did another 5 mile run that left me drenched in sweat.  However, I will not complain about the heat!  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was running in the snow, so nope, no complaints about the heat.  Plus, last year at this time we were way in the middle of a crazy heat wave so although it's humid and sticky, it doesn't feel to bad.  Suck it up, buttercup.  Sometimes, you've got to just run with what you've got!  The weather, aside from making my runs tough, has been really beautiful.  Jess and I ran 5 miles this morning, which felt good after I was finished!


Also, have you guys been following the World Cup?  It's been exciting to follow along as the U.S. Men's National Team played the series, and also follow many of the other teams.  One of the greatest things about my job is that I've gotten to meet a lot of people from around the world, parts of the world where soccer means more than it does here in the U.S., and it's so fun to be able to know just a little bit about soccer and have conversations with them.  And, it's just great to have U.S.A. pride!  It seems like everyone got even more in the spirit this year because the games have fallen around Independence Day.  I went to a bar yesterday to watch the U.S.A. vs. Belgium game, and although it wasn't a win for us, it was a fun game.  Better luck in 4 years and WOW was Tim Howard badass!!


And although the team I was rooting for didn't win, it was sort of a win for me because I made it through the game without eating any junk food at the bar.  So there is always that!  After the game, I went back home, where there was a gorgeous evening to enjoy sitting out on my porch.


I stayed out there until it was dark and the bugs were eating me alive and I couldn't take it any more because it was just so darn comfy.

This evening was another beautiful night that began grabbing a drink with some friends and then we went over to a local burger and ice cream place, Jumping Jacks, for ice cream.  Again, another win for me for not having ice cream, but I did split the nachos with a friend for dinner... I tracked those points though!

Jumping Jacks is right by the river and on Tuesday nights they have a waterski show that I've never been to, although I've always wanted to go.  However, tonight, when we got over there, the water ski team was practicing so we were able to get a little sneak at what we've been missing out on.  It was so cool!



Plus, the sky was doing some amazing things tonight!  When we weren't watching the water skiiers we were mesmerized by the crazy show that the sky was putting on.




We all decided that next Tuesday we HAVE to go see the show for real.  I'm really excited to see it and bummed that I haven't taken advantage of it sooner in this area. Can't wait!

It's made me think that I should definitely take advantage of everything around me.  There is probably a lot of other hidden treasures that I am missing!  What things in your area do you not take advantage of?

No comments:

Post a Comment