Thursday, May 29, 2014

Guess what? I went to China!

It still feels a bit surreal and funny to say that out loud in writing.  So although I abandoned you for the past almost 2 weeks, I didn't do it for no good reason!  Last Sunday I woke up at 4:30 a.m., showered, dragged my suitcase out the door once again and drove 2.5 hours to Newark airport where I got on a 14-hour flight direct from the U.S. of A. to Shanghai, China!

I spent the past week and a half in Shanghai and Beijing for work and had such a memorable, fulfilling, education and fun trip both professionally and personally.  I cannot wait to share all the little details with you and want to give the trip the justice it deserves but also don't want to get too far behind on life and posting while I am waiting to write all about it.

I arrived back on Wednesday night after a 14 hour flight, which is pretty much an odd sensation because I left Beijing at 3:45 p.m. and arrived 13ish hours later at 5:30 p.m.!  Time travel!

I then went through immigration, baggage claim, customs, retrieving my car, driving back from Newark to Albany, to finally arrive home around 9:30 and collapse in bed at 10:00 p.m.  I felt really good today, worked a full day, did some errands after work (including changing an air filter and resealing the weird rubber part of my windshield that broke recently... very satisfying to do on my own!), cleaned my clothes, and... repacked a bag.  Yes, I am serious, and no, I am not crazy.  This time it is just for a couple days as I am heading to Vermont for a race.

It's Tough Mudder weekend, baby!!

I'm quite nervous about how I'll fair during the race but excited for the adventure and hopeful feeling of accomplishment at the end.  I'm also excited as I'll be doing this run with a group that includes my little brother.  It will be fun to do this together as it is something we've talked about for years.  I can't wait to see what the weekend has in store!  Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment