Sunday, July 31, 2016

Family week up north

You guys, it feels like it has been 100 years since I have last been here writing!  It's so odd to me because in addition to not having a lot of time to write, when I do have time, I have lacked the ambition and motivation to write. For the past year I have been trying to figure out what to do with my blog when I turn 30 in a few weeks (!!!), what to name it, etc. and for the first time this past week I had a thought I had never had before of, "What if I just stopped blogging when I turn 30 and retire Hungry Twenties...?"

It was weird to me that this was an actual thought that settled in my brain that I had never thought of before. It honestly made me think quite a bit about what I should do.

But ANYWAYS, for now, I do have a blog and I do want to stay up to date, so let's get into it.

As I mentioned, I was up north, starting my visit in the Schenectady/Saratoga/Albany area seeing friends and doing races. I left Albany on Sunday after my sprint triathlon, I head towards New England to spend some days with family time. My first stop was in Western Massachusetts to spend the night at my Dad's and see him, his wife and my youngest brothers. The boys are 7 and becoming little young men and it is so fun to see them grow up. We even were able to squeeze in a trip to Rhode Island and visit my other baby brother, who isn't so much of a baby and just bought his first condo!







From there, I went up to New Hampshire. Which, is now where my home base is, as over the spring my mom actually moved from Rhode Island, where I grew up, to New Hampshire, much closer to where my sister and her husband (i.e. the grandbabies) live. It was wonderful to spend time with my mom, sister, and kids while I worked remotely for a week. And seriously, these freaking babies? I totally understand why my mom moved to be near them.


I could seriously just eat them up. I am in love with these two cuties.






And my mom and my sister and brother-in-law aren't bad either :)  My mom's new house is so amazing and I loved waking up every morning to windows open, breeze blowing, birds chirping. Spending evenings hanging out with her. And of course, eating my favorite mom-cooked meals. There's really no place like home. I am already missing the week as I sit and write this!


The week I went home wasn't a vacation though, I was working remotely, and also training. I will write about training while traveling in another post, but I also will say that I am so thankful for a job that allows me the ability to work remotely. Whereever I have WiFi and a phone, I am able to log in for work and that made being able to do this trip possible. It meant so much to me to be able to have the extended trip. Working from home can be kind of nice!



I did take a couple days off though, for my annual family summer vacation to Lake Waukewan. It was as wonderful as ever.The trip continued, although still in New Hampshire, to the Lakes Region, where my family has our annual summer vacation.  The weekend started a little different than normal as one of my cousins who is in a band, was performing at a bar in Portsmouth. A bunch of my cousins and I got together for a cousins-night-out and it was such a blast and something I've never done with my cousins before. We took over the show!








And then, on to my happy place at the lake... I couldn't resist posting all the sunset pics because it is just so beautiful to me. And I loved being able to spend even more time with my mom and grandmother and cousins and everyone. It was such a perfect week.


















Gah, I want to be back right now!  I loved being home. Loved, loved, love it. And the week at the lake is something I look forward to throughout the whole year. I know that a few other people look forward to it to because they know that it means the return of a little tradition my family started a few years ago. Okay, well, I started it, and brought my family along for the ride. The family music video is back and this year to the tune of Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling. I am going to wrap up for now, but enjoy the musical dancing and lip syncing of me and my family. Happy Sunday!


1 comment:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Sunshine coast first aid

    ReplyDelete