Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back to basics with a post about yummy food

As I have mentioned in the past on this blog, one of my favorite things about my job at GE Global Research is that I have made some amazing friends from all over the world.  One of my favorite things about having friends from all over the world is having the opportunity to try foods from all over the world! I've been lucky enough over the past few years to have homemade authentic Indian, Persian and Italian foods just to name a few.

Last night I added another country to my list as a friend cooked an assortment of Ghanaian dishes that I had the pleasure of enjoying!  The wonderful Nana made corned beef stew, white rice, grilled corn on the cob, fried plantains, and avocado.  The plantains are first marinated in a mixture of spices including red pepper (I believe?) and although Nana mentioned that he was unsatisfied with how they came out, they tasted amazing to me!  The dish is called "kelewele" in Ghana.  Photos are below.

THANK YOU NANA!



1 comment:

  1. I have mine done by milling of ginger garlic / onion / Scotch Bonnet / season, all / black pepper with a little water / oil. Cut sweet ripe bananas and cover with the mixture and then cover everything with coconut oil. Put everything in a well oiled tray lined with foil and bake. This is my version.

    ReplyDelete