Sunday, June 5, 2011

Freihofer's Run for Women 2011

Yesterday I ran the Freihofer's Run for Women for the 2nd year.  I was particularly excited to run in this race because last year, the Freihofer's was my first ever 5K road race that I finished running the entire thing!  I set out to run the race this year and beat my time from 2010.

At some point when I was walking around the race pavilion yesterday morning, getting a massage, checking out the vendors, and enviously eyeing all the younger, fitter runners I decided... what the heck, why not set out to get my PR from all of the other 5Ks I have run in the past year as well?

Having decided this, I was particularly frustrated as the race started and I found myself stuck in a pack of runners that I could not break free from.  I was itching to start off on a good pace but could not find a stride with all the swarms of people.  I bumped into numerous people and continually was shouting, "Sorry, sorry!" as I looked for my pace and avenue to run it in.

As soon as I got going, I felt great and was able to run the whole race at the raster pace I had set for myself.  Many thanks to my wonderful roommate who came out to cheer me on!  I finished the race in a time of 37:20 and a chip time of 35:24 at a pace of 11:24... which is my best yet and a time I am really excited about.  I am looking forward to trying to beat it in another upcoming 5K!

Congratulations to all the runners yesterday and for those interested, here was my Freihofer's 2011 playlist:

Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Backseat - New Boyz
Loser Like Me - Glee Cast
On the Floor - JLo
For Ur Love - Chris Brown
Marching On -Timbaland
King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer
Give Me Everything - Pitbull
Good Life - One Republic
The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae
Rocketeer - Far East Movement
Price Tag - Jessie J
Judas - Lady Gaga
Firework - Katy Perry
Fucking Perfect - Pink
The Time - Black Eyed Peas
Monster - Kanye West

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a race well run! Freihofer's is always a fun one.

    ReplyDelete