Sunday, April 6, 2014

The fun part.

When this post goes live, I will be running a marathon.  Over the course of the marathon training I have been going through waves of anxiety and questioning myself.  Can I really do this?  Will I be able to healthily finish this race and feel good about myself?  It was less than a year ago on April 24th that I wrote the post "Why this is such a big deal" about my half marathon I was about to run.  The half marathon I ran last year changed something for me mentally.  When I crossed that finish line I thought to myself, "maybe I could run a full marathon."

Before that finish line, running a half marathon was something that seemed near impossible for me.  Now, a half marathon has seemed like a short run to me mentally.

A marathon is the runner's Everest.  It is IT. I've barely been able to call myself a runner mentally and now I am about to climb Mount Everest.  I want to do this marathon and I want to succeed while doing it.

However, no matter what my time is, no matter what happens on the course, I am already a champion.  I have already succeeded because I have gotten to this point.

Happy Running Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. GO KATIE B!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! THINKING OF YOU RIGHT NOW, HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for you. :0)

    ReplyDelete