Sunday, July 15, 2012

Where I've been and what I've been eating -- did you miss me?!

Hi everybody!  I hope you are all enjoying the heat that has rolled into town this summer and have been spending lots of time doing the summer-y things you love.  It feels like it has been ages since I've posted here and want to get back into the groove by just doing a quick recap of where I've been and what I've been eating.  Despite not actually getting the chance to write posts, I've been snapping lots of pictures of my meals over the past few months in thoughts of sharing them with you guys.

I last wrote when I was in Germany for work.  I had just arrived and was in Germany for 10 days in both the northern part of the country and down in Bavaria, visiting friends and sightseeing in Munich.  The past few months have been exciting and busy for me as Germany (and before that, Texas) have only been the beginning of my travels.  Since Germany, I have also been to Atlanta, New York City, Boston, and San Francisco.  And everywhere I go, delicious restaurants, menus, and regional specialities have awaited me.  As I mentioned, it's been exciting, fun, and also not too good for my waistline as, much to my stress and agony, I've put on about 10 lbs over the past few months.

The next few months are going to continue to be busy for me with more fun travel coming up, and as much as I love it, I'm a little terrified as to the continued effect this will have on my body and the work that I've put in to becoming healthier over the past year.  As I work to find a balance while still exploring the world and all the food it has to offer, I hope to continue to write here and share my adventures (and struggles) with you.  But now, on to the good stuff!  What I've been eating...

First meal in Rheine, Germany.. a delicious grilled pear salad, bread, and beer of course :)

Pumpkin soup in Osnabruck, Germany

The most amazing steak and potatoes in Osnabruck, Germany

I've arrived in Bavaria! The land of large pretzels.

I was thrilled to be drinking my favorite beer in Germany :)

Mushroom pizza in Munich?  Why not.  It was as good as it looks.

You can't go to Bavaria and not have schnitzel.  Delicious, but HEAVY.

I'm addicted.  I love gelato.

Kasebretze (I think) a.k.a. a cheesy pretzel.  I used to eat these for breakfast when I lived in Munich :)

Drinking a peach bellini in Atlanta.  Made with fresh Georgia peaches!

We ate at Floataway Cafe in Atlanta.  Their fries were amazing!

My roast chicken at Floataway Cafe in Atlanta, GA.

In Atlanta we celebrated the 10 year anniversary of our business. Cake was eaten.

This meal was eaten in good ol' Schenectady, NY at Ferrari's. Portions are INSANE.

For "National Wind Day" I made cookies for my team.  Decorated with wind turbines and gusts of wind :)

I guess after looking at all of that, I should be thankful that it was only 10 lbs that I gained, right?  And this isn't even 1/2 of the delicious meals that I've eaten over the past few months.  Just the ones that I remembered to snag pictures of before stuffing my face!  I will do another post recapping my trip to San Francisco because I have to share the picture of the BEST tacos I've ever had in my life.

As always, hope you are having a great week and I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment