Sunday, December 29, 2013

Shit is getting real: 9 miles!

Hey everyone, I'm back in Albany for the time being and still feeling so blessed and thankful for all the wonderful things I received over Christmas and the time that I was able to spend with family and friends.  AND, I still have more celebrations to come!

It's getting to be that end of the year, reflection & look ahead time so my mind has really been nonstop lately and so many things pulling my thoughts and emotions in a lot of directions.  I had some time to think today as I completed one of my first longer runs for marathon training.  I did 9 miles today and ran all throughout Albany up and down the neighborhoods around me.  My legs felt pretty tired and still are pretty sore from the run.

While I was running and now afterwards, I started to get really freaked out.  I felt really tired after a 9 mile run.  During the previous two half marathons I've trained for 9 miles is getting into the "home stretch" almost of training.  Building up from 9 to 13.  However, this time around, in the scheme of things, 9 miles is still a pretty short run.  I have a midweek run of more than that and two midweek 9 milers as well!  I am feeling really, really scared about marathon training right now.

BUT, also really excited.  I alway feel super badass after my long runs, and yes, I may not be able to walk after a 40-mile week, but I cannot wait to get that runner's high.  It's also fun to look back at where I've come from too.  I thought a bit about my nine-mile runs while training for the two halves, and it's funny how memorable those runs are for me as well.  I documented the 9 miles I did in March pretty extensively on the blog, which you can check out here.  To be honest, I am a bit disappointed/scared at how tired my body feels after this run -- especially thinking to how I did an easy 9 mile run in August and of how much further I still need to go.  For those of you who are interested I am following the Hal Higdon Novice 1 marathon training program.  I'm only at Week 4 so there is still SO much to go!!


Shit is getting real people, shit is getting real.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Ain course sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete