Saturday, June 14, 2014

E's Wedding Shower in Rhode Island

Blogging on a Saturday night yet again... I'm a pretty happening girl, aren't I?

I'm writing from my mom's in Rhode Island as I came home this weekend to celebrate one of my best friend's wedding shower!  I have written before how I am lucky enough to have a wonderful group of girl friends who have been like my sisters since we were in kindergarten.  The five of us have been through a lot as a group and have so many wonderful memories.  This August the first of our group is getting married, and I was honored to be chosen as one of E's bridesmaids, as well as the other 3 in our group Meaggie, Teenie, and KO.  E's other two bridesmaids are her older sisters, who we have also known since we were little so it is such a fun group!

This is the first "event" we've had for the wedding and I was really looking forward to it!

Yesterday was a long day as I started with a run in the morning with Jess, worked throughout the day, and then drove 2.5 hours home to my mom's house.  I got dinner with my mom and brother at the local pizza place, splitting a spinach pie and a salad with my mom.


Then we went home and I tried out a beer I have been seeing my Rhode Island local friends post on Facebook and Instagram for a while!  Del's Lemonade is a Rhode Island summertime staple, it is the best frozen lemonade you'll ever have.  So when Narragansett Beer came out with a "Del's Shandy" I could not wait to try it!


It was delicious!  And if you check out Instagram you can get a nice video of my first sip :)

Although I probably could have put a number of these back on Friday night with my brother, I went to bed pretty early since I was planning to get up early and out for a run at 7 a.m.  I had put together a running plan a little while back and I don't remember exactly what I had in mind when I wrote it out, but I had 8 miles written down for this weekend.  So by gone it, that's what I was going to do!

I had a busy morning so I was able to stick to my plan and I went out at 7:00 a.m. and did 8 miles running on the same bike path by my mom's house where I ran 10 miles last March 30.  It was a running milestone for me as it was the furthest I had ever run in my life.  If you had told me last March 30 that in exactly one year and 8 days after that date I would have complete my first marathon, I would have told you that you were mentally unstable.  Seriously.  Last March 30 on the same bike path where this morning I ran 8 miles, I ran 10 for the first time and then spent the ENTIRE rest of the day laying on the floor of my mom's.  I ate a ton and a couple friends came over to see me because I was too tired to get up and go see them.  Craziness what you can accomplish in a year!

Anyways, after the 8 miles this AM I did a few errands and then grabbed my Mama, Teenie, and her Mama and headed down to South County, Rhode Island for E's wedding shower!  It was at a beautiful little venue and her sisters did a really beautiful job with the center pieces and decorations.


They also made a really beautiful slideshow with pictures from throughout all of our lives, and had some really fun and cute games prepared.  PLUS, the food was delicious!


See that stuff on the left?  That is French toast.  But it is like, French toast, covered in crispy delicious-ness and was seriously so freaking delicious I couldn't stop eating it.  However, I did take a break from eating the french toast to help with some of the games and take some photos.  It was a really fun day all around and so great to catch up with the girls and everyone's moms!





A couple of the girls, KO and Meag, were unable to attend today so we tried to find a way to bring them in to the day and pulled up/out some photos to at least get one picture of our whole group.  The number of photos we have of our crew grows larger and larger each day!  Love these ladies to the moon and back.


After the shower we sent the moms home in a different car and Teenie and I stuck around to hang out with E and her family for a few more hours before returning North.  We got back, scooped up the moms again, and then went on a Mother/Daughter double date to go see the movie The Fault in Our Stars.  It was really good but a total tearjerker!  That makeup I had thrown on for the shower was pretty much clear off my face.

It was an incredibly lovely day and I am so thrilled and happy to be a part of E's wedding party.  Her and her fiance are such an amazing couple and I have loved seeing how my childhood friend has grown into such a mature and caring relationship.  They are perfect for each other and I cannot wait until their wedding (or the bachelorette!)

Hope you're having an exciting Saturday and I will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment