Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waukewan Family Vacation and 2015 Music Video!!

So, last week I was lucky enough to fly up to New Hampshire and spend a few days over the weekend with my sister, mom, niece, nephew, and all the rest of my family for our annual family vacation to Lake Waukewan.  I have never missed a weekend at Lake Waukewan in my entire life and I wasn't going to let moving away affect that.  Unfortunately, I had a work trip that began the Monday after the weekend, so I had to leave early on Monday morning but at least was able to have the time I had.

I flew up on Thursday night since I was going to be leaving early and spent the day on Friday with my sister, mom and kids at her house before we all drove to my sister and brother-in-law's family lake house at Lake Winnipisaukee, which is pretty close to where my family stays at Lake Waukewan.  We spent the day there, did my race in the morning, and then meandered our way over to Waukewan, where the rest of our family slowly started to arrive.

I am madly in love with my little niece and nephew and they are so cute that it sometimes physically hurts.  I loved every moment I got to spend with them, as they are growing so much and so fun to interact with.  It kills me a little bit that I live so far away and don't get to see them, or the rest of the family, as much as I would like.  I try to remind myself that even if I was living in Albany, I wouldn't be able to see them all the time either, so being in Atlanta shouldn't feel as far.  However, it does.  It is hard and it sucks and not being able to be at and see everyone as much as I want is the shittiest thing about moving a plane ride away after being a reasonable car ride for 6 years.

Anyways, it makes the memories sweeter and more precious and every moment count when you don't have a lot.  I had an amazing time on my family vacation and didn't care about the fact that I ate junk food and ice cream and pasta and chips galore.  I was there for 2 days and I enjoyed it.   Below are some pics from the wonderful few days I had with my family and at the end, in all its glory, is the family music video for 2015 to the tune of "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon.  Enjoy!!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment