Saturday, February 21, 2015

I've lost 13 pounds.

I've lost 13 pounds since January 4th when I returned to Atlanta and weighed myself for the first time in a year and starting counting Weight Watchers points.  I've lost 13 pounds in the past 7 weeks which is really incredible.  I've lost 13 pounds while I traveled back and forth to Wilmington, NC two times, Schenectady, and a week in Mexico City.  I've lost 13 pounds while I had friends and family visit and while trying new restaurants, going out to eat, getting dessert, and having a drink or two.

I've lost 13 pounds while making an extreme effort to work out 6-7 days a week.  I've lost 13 pounds while amping up my running game from 1-3 miles per run to 3-10 miles per run.  I've lost 13 pounds while looking up menus online, planning what I eat meticulously, and writing down every single thing that I eat.  I've lost 13 pounds while stressing myself out over meals where I have overeaten, measuring out 1/2 cup servings of chicken, and picking apart sandwiches and salads to only eat the portions that I wanted.

I feel a bit more confident.  But I still cringe when I see how tight some of my clothing fits around my hips.  I can feel myself getting a bit stronger and faster with my workouts.  But my long runs are still a challenge and my pace hasn't really increased all that much.  Some of my clothing is starting to feel a bit better on and look a bit better too.  But many of my pants that used to slide on with ease still don't button at the waist.  I feel determined to keep going.  But also discouraged that the progress on the scale doesn't seem to be reflected in my body.

I've lost 13 pounds and I feel really proud of that.  I feel proud that I was able to do it while traveling and having a normal life.  I have never been successful in losing weight while traveling until now.  I feel a boost in confidence that it IS possible.  And that it is possible with a healthy attitude.  I still want to live my life.  This isn't a race to lose 15 pounds or 20 pounds or any weight at all.  It's about a making smart choices, improving my health and fitness, trimming myself down, and working on my goals.  It's about balance and happiness and confidence and self worth.  It's about being "enough" no matter what the number says and having goals that don't involve a pants size or a number on a scale.  It's about being the best me that I can and doing my best to enjoy the life that I have while I have it.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Katelyn! Great job!!!! YAY!!!!!! I can't believe you did that while traveling and eating out and drinking constantly, it's crazy!!! Ack!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! It has been a real challenge, don't get me wrong. But I'm doing better than I have in the past of finding the right balance of controlling what I can control. Cutting back where I can cut back. And then still enjoying life!

      Delete