Sunday, June 9, 2013

A night in Rhode Island and Providence Flea

Hey everyone, I hope you had a great weekend! After a lazy Saturday day, I ended up heading to Rhode Island yesterday for a quick night home with my mom.  I had a random urge to go bowling and convinced my mom to hit up the local lanes with me.  Bowling is kinda fun, guys!  I am so on and off with my bowling skills though, it can be very frustrating.  But it was still a good time, and pretty groovy once it hit 9:00 p.m. and Cosmic Bowling began.  Oooohhh!



And of course, when you're bowling you have to have beer.  The alley actually had a beer called Blue Hills Watermelon Wheat on tap and since I love fruit beer and love wheat beer, I thought I would give it a shot.  It actually wasn't my favorite though.  It actually tasted a bit too artificial to me.  But I did get a recommendation via Twitter to try Hell or High Watermelon Beer.  Apparently that's better so I'll have to keep a look out!


Saturday ended up not being a very good food day for me.  My mom and I split some quesadillas at the bowling alley as well.


And where it gets really terrible is when I admit to you that I not only stopped and got a McDonalds ice cream cone on my drive from Albany to Rhode Island, but I also went out for ice cream with my mom.  I got a kiddie frozen yogurt from my favorite ice cream place at home (also where I used to work!) the Ice Cream Machine and I finished mine AND my moms.  I think it was a bit of stress eating on my part, but I counted all the points and am currently still in range for the week with Weight Watchers so hoping it's not too damaging.

This morning we got up and did a killer spin class and I really pushed myself hard thinking of that ice cream from the night before. It was a tough workout!

After we got cleaned up we went into Providence to check out the new Sunday addition to Water Street, Providence Flea.  The flea market is inspired off of Brooklyn Flea, that I've never been to, but heard a lot about.  It was (I'm assuming) much smaller, but still very cool.



One vendor my mom and I both loved was Olive Spoon Studio.  They had really pretty bracelets and rings all made from vintage spoons and also some engraved spoons, cheese knives, etc.  Some of they were so cute and cool, I thought it would be a great idea for a wedding gift for someone.  I got a cute spoon that says "Tea for Me" and my mom got a bracelet.  I grabbed their card because I think I will be definitely hitting up their Etsy store.  You can get things custom made!


There was also a cute jewelry shop called Vintage Infused Accessories, where I bought a cute ring.  I love how feminine it is and the soft pink color.




And finally, there were some awesome food trucks.  I bought a bag of roasted chick peas for $1.25 that were delicious and I munched on it throughout the rest of the day.  I am definitely going to have to try to make this myself!



If you live in the Providence area, I definitely recommend you check out Providence Flea sometime!  The rest of my weekend was pretty uneventful and I'm back in Albany now ready for the week.  Hope you enjoyed the sun while it was shining today.

And don't forget to find me on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment