Monday, June 24, 2013

Guten tag from Berlin... NYC catch up!

Hello from Berlin everyone!  For those of you who have been following the blog for a while, you know that this isn't my first time writing to you from Germany.  And it certainly isn't the first time I've eaten delicious meals from Germany.  I'm a very lucky girl in that sense.

I arrived here yesterday morning after an 8 hour flight from Newark.  Before I get into my time in Germany, I wanted to recap my night in NYC because it was awesome!  It started by visiting one of my best friends from college in the office where she works.  She is an incredibly talented industrial designer working for one of the most innovative companies I know and seeing her in  her office was totally cool.  Her company's set up is so drastically different from mine and it is an industrial designers dream world.  It was cool to see her in her element and gave me flashbacks to when I used to hang out with her in Studio back in college.  I've been an "I.D. groupie" for quite some time now :)

We stopped and had a quick dinner splitting an amazing avocado, mozzarella and tomato salad and some chips and guacamole (as Kate mentioned, "Avocado with a side of avocado.")  Although green-stuff-heavy, it was both delicious.



Dinner was followed by a long walk to Pier 40 where I was joining Kate's work team for a 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. double header soccer games.  It was really cool to play underneath the skyline of NYC and with the city lights around us and I had SO much fun playing with her team AND I scored my first goal ever since I started playing soccer again a few years ago.  I was so excited!!!


There was so much laughter, encouragement, and just a fun atmosphere with her team.  Everyone was just doing the best they could and it was great to run around and get sweaty.  The team, which originated as a group of people from her office, was a bit more diverse that night.  I guess a lot of people from the office bailed so the remaining people brought siblings, roommates, friends who were new to the city, and friends visiting the city (me!) to join the team.  It was the last game of the group had so much fun that they all decided to keep that team for the next season.  I wish I lived in the city so I could participate!

Afterwards we went to a local bar to get some post work drinks.  I joked that it was practice for my upcoming week in Germany :)  It was a great time in NYC with Kate and unfortunately far too short.


After brunch the next day, I headed to Newark to catch my flight to Germany.  It was a really fun night and I was glad I was able to spend it with Kate because I had missed her birthday celebration in the city earlier that month.  Love you Kate and happy belated!!

And now, I'm in Germany!  Which... I will recap to you in another post!  :)

2 comments: