- For the past two days I have worked out twice each day. Mornings and nights, people! I ran 4 miles Monday morning and did Nia at night. And today I did a Tough Mudder workout this morning and this evening went to the gym for my favorite teacher's spin class. Call me crazy guys, but working out is kinda fun! And when you do it with friends... well, it's social and it's not just a workout. I think that living alone has been inspiring me to work out more this week. Today, for example, I was in a good mood. I could have just gone home at the end of the day and been alone. But instead I went to spin class and interacted with human beings. The exercise does my body good and seeing friends does my mind good! Seeing friends was the only thing that got me out of bed this morning and made Nia so much more fun last night. I am SO thankful for my workout buddies!
- The weather is a bit of a bummer lately. Tomorrow we have 8 miles scheduled to run but we are going to play it by ear whether we are inside or outside. It is supposed to be -8 at 6:00 a.m. and that is pretty cold. And then on Thursday we are expecting a ton more snow. I NEED IT TO END, PEOPLE!!! If you've been around here for a while than you know that I don't always have the best race day luck when it comes to weather. My first 10K was through freezing rain. My first sprint triathlon was through a flash summer thunder and lighting storm. And of course my first half marathon was through downpouring rain. So I guess it just figures that I train through the coldest winter we've had in years for my first marathon. Fingers crossed that at least this gets the bad weather karma out of my system and April 6th is blue skies in Paris!
- My glasses finally arrived! Yesterday was two weeks since I ordered them and the eye glasses place had told me that they'd call me when they arrived in and were ready to be picked up. After 2 weeks I called and asked when they would be ready. After being on hold for a really long time the guy came back and told me, "Oh, they actually just arrived a little earlier today, they will be ready in about 20 minutes!" And hey, call me a cynic but seriously, I doubt that's a coincidence. Anyone else think they forgot to give me a call when my glasses were ready and that was the excuse they came up with when I called?!? Anyways, time for their official blog debut. What do you think??
And yes, I had a photo shoot while on hold on a conference call at work. Thank you to my coworker for helping me capture these amazingly lovely photos. What began as me trying to get a nice picture of me in my new glasses turned into a full flown photo shoot.
- I've been doing a lot of cooking lately. I have reverted back to some of my old favorites like chicken sausage and some new favorites such as quinoa. I have been really trying to eat "real food" for the most part as I mentioned yesterday and today I think was the first day I didn't "waste" any points at work on mints and chocolate and pointless things. Well wait, maybe I cannot say that. I did have a 2 point bag of Lay's potato chips at a meeting where lunch was provided. I can guarantee you I would have never bought myself regular Lay's potato chips had they not been available at a meeting. So I guess I can't say I didn't have any unplanned, "wasted" points for the day. It was however the first day I didn't take anything from my neighbor's candy bowls in a while! That counts for something, right? Tonight I had some zucchini pizza bites and I loooove that there is an overflowing plate of food that I can eat all of with no guilt. Bring on the "diet food" if this is what it is, people!!!
- Friday is Valentine's Day! It totally slipped my mind earlier today when Jess sent out a Facebook invitation to run on Friday morning (as she always does to keep us organized) but changed it from it's usually name to "I Love Running" or something like that. I commented asking about the name change when I was reminded that it was Valentine's Day on Friday. Ohhhhh!!!! Woops, I guess that's what being single gets you. However, I do have myself a little date on Friday.
Being single for many a Valentine's Day I've gotten used to making it a day to celebrate everyone you care about, not just a boyfriend or girlfriend. I love doing something special for friends or getting together with girl friends or family on the 14th. Aubrey and I are going to be enjoying the next season of House of Cards on Netflix, which is coming out this week. Cannot say that I am not excited about that!!! And also, does anyone else still use written out planners or is it just me? I love mine!
Hope everyone is having a great week. Fingers crossed that the cold isn't too bad in the morning and we're able to get outside for a run!