Sunday, January 3, 2010

Salsa Challenge

Those who know me understand that my favorite meal consists of guacamole, salsa and chips (and maybe a margarita on the side -- but a dirty vodka martini is always my number one beverage of choice).

Good guacamole is hard to find, but I have discovered that good salsa is even harder to find. Over the next several weeks (I hope that's all it takes), I am going to embark on a quest to find the best salsa money can buy. At the end of my quest, I plan on making my own salsa -- and including the recipe here -- by figuring out which ingredients I like more and which ingredients I like less in what I perceive to be the perfect salsa.

I'm not going to discriminate: I will try store-brand, sit-on-your-shelf-for-a-year-and-not-go-bad glass-jarred salsa and I will try fancy, plastic-container, short-shelf-life organic salsa -- I will try every salsa I can. I will then write about them here, on this blog.

I invite you to send in suggestions of your favorite salsas and salsa recipes. If you wouldn't mind including a note about why you love it, I'd love it!

Happy Eating.

Love,
Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment