Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's okay.

Day one of February and my new list of goals to work on and strive for.  I really wanted to be able to start the first day of the month by being a super rock star and thought maybe I should go for gold and file my taxes or read a whole book or go grocery shopping just so I could buy things on sale and use my reusable bags.  However, this is life, and this really isn't about me trying to show off to myself and get these goals does as soon as possible.  I need to not be so hard on myself sometimes. The reason that I gave myself a month for these goals and made so many of them is because they are a work in progress.  I am trying to fit small changes into my life to make myself an overall healthier and happier person.

So, on that sentiment, I would like to say: it is all okay and I did great today.  It's okay...

... that I ate a small piece of chocolate with my lunch today.  It is a treat I sometimes afford myself with lunch and I count the points for it.  It wasn't part of my off-limits "Valentine's Day candy" rule, which I did avoid today when I resisted grabbing a handful of candy hearts from the bowl out in the office today.

... that I left the gym after 10 minutes on the treadmill.  I went to boot camp this morning at 5:30 a.m. and then was on my feet the entire day, which is not normal for me and I was a lot more tired than I realized.  Also, I really pushed myself at boot camp this morning, where we did a fitness test we'd done about a month ago.  I beat all of my previous scores in the test!

... that all I've been talking about lately is how happy I am to have a kitchen to cook in again, yet today I was so happy knowing that I had leftovers to come home to so I wouldn't have to cook tonight.  I was wiped, and to be honest, the mushroom truffle risotto I made last night is DELICIOUS (recipe to come!)

... that I scarfed down my dinner really quickly tonight even though I know I should be trying to eat slower.  I still stayed within my Weight Watchers points range for the day, even pushing aside the craving for a second cup of my fat free hot chocolate I had post-dinner.

Looking forward to tomorrow being a new day.  Hope you all had a great February 1st, and remember, it is okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment