Friday, May 18, 2012

How I got here: the CDPHP workforce team challenge (part 1)

Yesterday was the CDPHP Workforce Team Challenge in Albany.  A run that I've now participated in for the 3rd time.  It is a particularly memorable and meaningful race for me now because 2 years ago this was the first race that I ran in and the reason I began running in my adult life!

I want to share the story of how I got into running at all and a little bit about my journey thus far.  I don't have the time this AM to post that but I just wanted to say congratulations to all of the runners yesterday!  It is an overcrowded and DENSE race for the entire 3.5 mile course, but the energy is always great and I love the mix of people that it brings out to run.  This year was the largest race yet with more than 9,300 runners from 450 different organizations!

Read more and check out a video on the Channel 6 page.  Do you see the crowds???  You barely get to move until 1.5 miles into the race it is so packed.  The people in purple are from my company.

Hope everyone had a great time yesterday at the run!

WRGB-TV Channel 6 News :: News - Top Stories - Record crowd for annual Workforce Team Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment