Monday, July 30, 2012

Save me, San Francisco!


As I mentioned, I wanted to do a solo post on my trip to San Francisco.  It was a really great combination of a great work experience and some fun I was able to fit in seeing family and friends.  And of course, contributing to my recent weight gain, there was some delicious food!

I wanted to check out the Mission while in San Francisco and get some tacos.  We went to a little hole in the wall looking place called La Taqueria.  I chose one beef taco and one chicken taco and they were both equally amazing.  The fresh salsa was the perfect touch.

Tacos from La Taqueria
Of course, I had to try the chips and salsa as well!
We also tried a restaurant called the American Grilled Cheese Kitchen.  I got the tomato soup and a friend of mine and I split two sandwiches.  We ordered a Mousetrap and a Mac n Cheese Grilled Cheese (we just had to!) and each ate half of each.  We both agreed that just the plain Mousetrap was the better of the two.  Both were cheesy and gooey and delicious though!

I mean, come on? Look at that cheese!
There are so many delicious food options in San Francisco it is hard to even write about them all.  Next to my event venue for work there were a number of great lunch options, such as a delicious shwarma place where I got a falafel wrap one day and a great Vietnamese place where you could get rolls, noodle bowls, or pho.  I chose the wraps, stuffed with veggies and chicken and there were three delicious sauces you could eat with your wraps.  I put a combination of the peanut sauce and the sweet and sour sauce on mine!  YUM!


The meal was big and filling (which you know I love) but didn't leave you feeling too heavy or weighed down.  A perfect lunch option on a busy day!

Finally, I wanted to share with you an "outfit post" as I'm trying to do every once in a while to get me out of my comfort zone.
Shoes & scarf: H&M; Pants: Gap; Shirt: Banana Republic; Sweater: Urban Outfitters
Hope you enjoyed my San Fran post!  Looking forward to writing more from the couch this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment