Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Binge race registration & a happy day!

Hey everyone, hope you had a happy Wednesday!  I certainly had an interesting day.

Remember how I locked my keys in my car yesterday so I had to get a ride home from work and to work today?  Well, when we got in to work I said to Dave, "Okay, so my car is over by the gym so you can just drop me off by-- OH. MY. GOD."  I honestly couldn't believe what an idiot I'd been.  Yeah, um, I had forgotten the spare keys at home.  UGH.  Seriously, what is wrong with me this week?  I also forgot my cell phone at home on Monday, which I never do.

Luckily, I have really awesome friends, and my friend Melissa agreed to drive me back and forth to Albany over lunch.  I didn't even have to introduce her to a significant other (because she is getting married in July... yay!)  I'm very lucky to have such wonderful friends who helped me out with minimal teasing.  Even though I don't mind it.  You gotta laugh at yourself people.  If you can't laugh at yourself, you aren't going to get far.  At least if you're me, that is :)

The rest of today was really good... the sun was shining non-stop, which we haven't seen for quite a while here in Upstate New York!  It was great to spend time with friends driving around (even though it was due to my forgetfulness) and post work I got in 3 miles outside.  I went for a run with Dani and another friends, which was really nice.  It was one of those days that I felt like I could run forever.  I've never been someone who runs with other people and I have to say, I am really enjoying it!

Following, Dani and I went to the driving range!  We decided that to make life a little more interesting we are going to start spending our Wednesdays trying new things.  The driving range was first up on our list.  The weather was gorgeous out still so it was a perfect way to finish off a beautiful day.  Even though we really didn't know what we were doing all that much...


I came home happy and smiling and made a delicious but simple salad for dinner.  Greens with sweet italian chicken sausage and chili lime almonds.  I actually went back and made myself seconds because I still had the Weight Watchers points left, I was feeling hungry still, and heck, I had worked out.  Plus, when I am feeding myself good, healthy foods, I don't feel bad about eating it at all!  The chicken sausage is all natural and the almonds are the ones I roasted myself and are so delicious.  When KO came to visit a few weeks back she at one point said, "The almonds are the best thing about this weekend." Which, I gave her a lot of crap for, because, really?  The best part of your weekend visiting your best friend is the almonds?  Gee, thanks, haha.  But her point was just that the almonds were really, really good.


With some tea and dark chocolate to finish off the night.  It's been a pretty great day for eating, for friends, for enjoying the outdoors, and for being happy with where I am in life.  I hope you are feeling as positive as I am right now.  Oh, AND, I didn't even mention... I binge registered for races today.  I am now officially signed up for a bunch of stuff in the coming months. It's a sure fire way to kick myself out of any sort of funk I am in.  Two sprint triathlons and another half marathon -- here I come!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I do stuff like that all the time. Anyway I'm glad your day got better. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete