Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The end of AIDS.

So guys, bear with my for a bit, because I have nothing else on my mind that I want to write about more right now.  It's not what I usually write about, but I can't not.  I mean, it was just a few days ago that I was writing about how wonderful and amazing my group of girl friends is.  And today is one of those days that I couldn't be prouder of them or feel more blessed and honored to call them my best friends.

You remember KO, right?  She was my friend I went to the John Mayer concert with this August, surprised on her weekend visit to Albany in June, and she just ran the Gobble Wobble with me!  Plus, she came to cheer me on in the Providence Half Marathon this September.

In addition to being one of the silliest, most fun, and most caring/incredible friends I have ever known.  I am so happy to have her in my life as she helps me through my tough times, makes me laugh when I am down, and is someone I can truly be myself with and nothing else.  However, in addition to all of these things that make her a wonderful friend, she is also insanely talented, brilliant, loving, ambitious, truly boundaryless, and passionate people.

I remember a few years ago when she was making the decision between taking an incredibly prestigious job offer and taking a fellowship that would send her to Indonesia for a year-long assignment working in HIV/AIDS.  It feels like just yesterday, but when I think of everything that's happened since then, it's hard to remember a time before she had been there and before Ginan became a part of her life.  I'm so honored to call Kate my friend and to share this video with you.

Long story short, KO chose Indonesia those few years ago.  And this past March, a film crew joined her on a trip to Indonesia and filmed a video about her, her boyfriend, a little boy named Fijar, and about HIV/AIDS in Indonesia. Please take a few minutes to watch and share this video.




 This video made me smile, cry, and in all, just feel totally amazed and in awe of my friend and the love she has for the world and how beautiful she is, inside and out.  I love you KO --- you teach me so much every day and I am truly thankful for that.

Oh, and be sure to check out Kate's inspiring blog and online community Everyday Ambassador. You can also like the Everyday Ambassador page on Facebook. The girl just wrote her first book that is going to be coming out in January/Febraury-ish.  She is amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing, Bee. Thank you so so so much for sharing this with your readers! Love you so much, and nothing will ever top our original AIDS video :) xoxoxo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbX6RaC6z_M

    ReplyDelete