Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow & Valentine's

A happy belated Valentine's Day to everyone!  I hope that your day was filled with lots of love and happiness.  If you are like me in the Northeast it was probably filled with lots of snow as well!  I swear, I won't complain forever about the snow but I do need to complain a little bit because OH MAN, the snow!  From Wednesday to Friday we got slammed with almost 2 feet of snow and that was on top of snow we already had.  There is snow everywhere right now.



Most of the sidewalks aren't even plowed.  So between the snow we had later in the week and the realllllly cold temperatures we had on Wednesday morning, it's been a few treadmill runs this week for me.  Jess and I did 8 miles on the treadmills on Wednesday morning and watched 1.5 hours of riveting women's curling USA vs. China.


Thursday was a snow day so I worked from home and on Friday I did 4 miles with Aubrey on the treadmills before starting our date night!

We had a really fun night going up to Lake George, grabbing a bite to eat, doing some shopping, and then heading back to Aubrey's to drink some wine and watch House of Cards Season 2 on Netflix!


In the morning we got up and went to a Nia class that was absolutely amazing!  I am falling more in love with Nia with every class I do.  Today's was like a therapy session, dance class, and work out all wrapped into one.  If any of you have the opportunity, look up Nia in your towns!  And for those of you local, you should totally check it out.  It's so great!

I've been relaxing the rest of the day (and maybe watching another episode or two of House of Cards...) before heading out to watch the Syracuse basketball game.  It was pushed from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. which actually I am really happy about.  I am going to watch the game and then come home and head to bed.  We have 16 miles planned for tomorrow!!!  I am feeling confident in my ability to do the run after last week's 15 miler but am nervous about some of the logistics.  We're doing a 3-person marathon relay race, but we'll all be running a little big longer than planned to get the miles in.

I have no idea how the course is going to be with all of this snow and it will be really tough to do the run on packed snow for 16 miles.  However, whatever happens, I'll figure it out and it will make me tougher.  I've also sort of accepted that not everything I can have control over.  I can't control if it is a blizzard or a sunny day, but I can do the best I can.  Which is what I will do tomorrow when I head out for 16 miles!  Today I bought a candy bar that I'm also super excited to eat after the race.  How pathetic is that?? :)

So, it's almost time to head out and watch Syracuse play NC State and I just have to say how much fun it has been to be a Syracuse fan this season.  I am so proud of my school and this team! No matter what happens the end of the season or in the March Madness tournament, this year has had some really great games.  Wednesday night's win against Pitt was UNREAL!  It looked like we were going to have our first loss and then Ennis hit a 3 point shot at the buzzer and it was just so exciting.


I loved this text message exchange between myself and Kimmy during the game.  Kimmy is who I went out to Syracuse with in January and one of my college roommates.  Text messages were flying after the win and it was such a fun moment that felt surreal into the next day.  I proudly wore my Syracuse sweatshirt while I worked from home on the couch on Thursday!


And one final thing before I sign off for the night.... did everyone try that Buzzfeed quiz that has been going around of "What state should you really be from?" or something like that?  Well I took it last night a couple of glasses of wine in with Aubrey and I felt like I won the internet getting the state I am actually from!  Rhode Island, baby!  Too funny :)


No comments:

Post a Comment