Sunday, May 31, 2015

This week's workouts and commitment to health

[Hey everyone!  I actually wrote this post on Friday but forgot to post it apparently.  So let's just move forward with pretending that this is Friday's post.  Thanks!]

So where have I been this week, guys?

Well, this week... I have been here in Atlanta and I have been getting my butt back in gear.  I had so much fun in Arizona and throughout the whole month of May, eating donuts and pizza and lots of cheese and ice cream.  I also was not feeling so good about myself and on Saturday when I was stressing about being in a bathing suit, it really started to weigh on me.  I made the vow a few weeks ago to not be so hard on myself, and I have been working on being better about giving myself some slack.  I put my bikini on Saturday and rocked it loud and proud.

However, I do also have my marathon coming up.  I do have clothes that I want to fit well and I do want to feel strong and proud.  I also am so close to being somewhere that I have never been before and I want to push myself and see if I can get there.  You all know my mindset wavers on a week by week basis, but starting on Tuesday I recommitted to Weight Watchers.

This week... I actually deleted all of my old data off of Weight Watchers.  That's actually a big deal, as an FYI.  I deleted all my data dating back to 2011/2012 when I first started and began my journey at well over 200 lbs.  It is all gone and I am starting where I am and focusing on today.  I created a new name and started from scratch as if I were joining from the first time.  It is a little liberating and a little scary.  I set my goal and have no idea if it is a realistic goal because I've never been there before.  It is about 10 lbs below where I was when I started Weight Watchers.  I paid a full year in advance so I am committed to staying with it until I get to where I want to be, or else it will be a waste of money!!

This week... I have also been really focusing on putting together my Chicago Marathon training plan.  I will write more about that in the coming weeks, because on June 8th it officially kicks off!

This week... I have been putting in some double sessions in the gym, realizing just how (shockingly) long it has been since I was in that regular routine of weight training.


This week... I also got a couple of good runs in with my running buddy, Shay.  We've had a great routine of running on Tuesday mornings and this week we also added Wednesday morning to the mix.  It is always great to run in the mornings and I love getting my workout out of the way early!  I am hoping to have more weeks like this in the future.


We're also trying to work on getting more creative with our post-run pictures.


This week... I also started to research other races to run this year -- and triathlons!  I love doing races, they keep me motivated and excited and I realized that my calendar was looking pretty bare.  It should be a fun summer and I am hoping to stay as active as possible!!

This week... on that note, I also bought a new bike!!!!!!!!!  She's a beaute and I can't wait to ride her this weekend.



Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment