Thursday, December 3, 2015

10 Random things Thursday!

Oh hey guys, so I just have a whole bunch of nonsense for you today. Don't you just love that.  Let me share 10 fun things on a Thursday.

1.)  Last Friday I went out and saw a matinee movie of The Good Dinosaur with Brick and some of her friends.  I absolutely loved the movie!!  For those of you who may not know, one of my uncles works at Pixar, and I love to see their movies in support of him.  Especially this movie, as I have been hearing about it (in tiny tidbits) for years and was so looking forward to seeing it.  The movie did not disappoint in any way, shape or form, and I loved it so much!  I highly recommend you all go see it today.  Like, right now.  Go see it!




2.)  How is it possible that Thanksgiving dinner tastes better the day after?  I know that this is a phenomenon that might not be new for many people, but believe it or not, this is really the first time I have eaten Thanksgiving leftovers.  And also, since I cooked dinner, I cooked everything exactly how I like it.  And that turkey I bought is delicious.  So, OMG, day 2, and 3 and 4 of Thanksgiving dinner were amazing.  I swear it tasted better than when I actually ate it on Thursday.  As of Monday though, I have depleted all my Thanksgiving leftovers.


3.)  Syracuse basketball season is officially under way!  Woohoo! As you know I am a huge Syracuse basketball fan and I am feeling even more supportive after having just finished reading Jim Boeheim's book and learning more about the history of the basketball program.  We had a great start to the season with a number of wins in a row, including the tournament over Thanksgiving where we beat UCONN (always fun) and then beat Texas A&M.  We don't usually plan A&M and I have a friend who went there (E's husband!) so we placed a small wager on the game which I was excited to win. Bottle of wine on James!

4.) My mom sent me flowers on Thanksgiving since I was not able to be home.  She is pretty much the nicest person ever and I loved them, even though the place messed up and I didn't get them until after Thanksgiving.  It was sort of random because the delivery guy just literally dropped them outside my apartment in a vase. I came home to this sitting outside my door, which I have never seen flowers be delivered this way! Thank you Mama!!



5.)  During the Movers + Pacers two year anniversary event, a number of runners were highlighted for their accomplishments throughout the year.  I was lucky enough to be one of them.  And what they gave each of us was a new pair of sneakers from Nike!  I was gifted a perfect fit of the Pegasus 32 Nike sneaker that I have been happily rocking around town all week (I have them on right at this moment.)  I love the sneaker and although I haven't tried running in them, they feel great on and are super cute.  I wore them for my hike this weekend and showed them off with another friend who also was gifted a pair.  Thank you Movers + Pacers!!


6.) Okay when I jotted down the list of things I wanted to share, I swear I did not realize that I would have three in a row that were presents.  But I guess I have some pretty amazing people in my life and in addition to the flowers and sneakers, I also received an amazing post-marathon gift from a good friend of a new set of coasters... custom made with photos of my bibs from my past marathons and half marathons.  To say that I love these is an understatement.  I almost love them so much that I don't even want to put any glasses on them because I don't want to get them dirty or ruin them.  I just want to look at them all day.  THANK YOU EARON!!!


7.)  This weekend I set up my Christmas Tree and I am pretty obsessed with being in my apartment for the next month or so.  I love how cozy it feels when I have my tree and decorations up and Christmas time candles lit.  I also made my own advent calendar with chocolates in it and have officially begun listening to Christmas music.  I guess the only thing I have left to do is start some of my Christmas shopping??  Yikes.  I officially am the most unprepared for Christmas I have ever been going into this month.  BUT LOOK HOW CUTE MY APARTMENT IS, Y'ALL!!



8.)  On the topic of Christmas shopping...I totally missed all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals this year and was pretty sad about it.  I love shopping online and wish I'd had more time to be able to get stuff done.  Did anyone get any good deals?

9.) Also,I set that tree up all by myself. I had to drag it across my apartment parking lot as evidence below, but I got it done and somehow got it into the tree holder.  Hopefully it doesn't fall down at some point.  It is the first time I have done this completely alone and it wasn't as terrible as I expected, however, I expect my tree to be pretty dead by the end of the month since there is no extra room at the bottom and the tree hasn't been drinking any water.  Woops.


10.) Going back to the topic of online shopping... I recently signed up for and received my first Stitch Fix.  I totally meant to do a post just about that, but actually mailed back the clothes before I even took a picture of myself in them.  I guess 4 out of 5 of the items they sent me were such immediate NOs that I wasn't interested in doing a full report?  I kept a pair of jeans and that's it.  I'm looking forward to my next Fix though and hope that it continually gets better!

SO, that's a bit of that. Hope you are having a good week and are excited about it being Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment