Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall is chili time!


Okay, not my fault, chili does not photograph well.  But, seriously, who doesn't love a good bowl of chili when it is cold and rainy out? 

This Sunday as I watched football and hung around the house (laundry and such) I cooked up some delicious chili to eat throughout the week.  This dish is of the "semi-homemade" variety.  Although I'm not a big fan of Sandra Lee herself, I do quite a bit of her "semi-homemade" style of cooking.

I used a chili seasoning packet but otherwise just went on my own with what I decided to add to it.  I used extra lean ground beef, red kidney beans, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, corn, and minced onion. I love the crispness of the corn, the creaminess of the beans, and the all around deliciousness that is chili. 

Hope everyone is enjoying fall and all of your favorite fall foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment