Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's the final countdown!

Alright guys, this is it.  Tomorrow I head out to Kansas City to get ready for marathon #2!  I'm doing laundry, packing up everything I need, trying to remember all the details, making my playlist, and starting to self-talk pump myself up for this weekend.  It's been a good day all around in non-running life too, and for the majority of today just felt happy (can't wait to share it all with you in the future too!)

But in regard to the race and this coming weekend?  Let's say this...I'm excited for it to be done.  I'm excited to finish.  I'm excited to eat all the food in Kansas City and see my running buddy and chief supporter that will be there with me.  But,  I'm really nervous to run.

I decided to do the Kansas City marathon back right after the Paris Marathon.  In fact, I think I signed up for the NIGHT of the Paris Marathon!  One of my goals is to run a race in every state in the U.S.  And I also have told all my friends, in an effort to get them into running, that if they were to decide to do a new distance, I would do it with them.  My friend Kristen decided to take me up on the offer and after figuring out which fall weekends we both had free, I told Kristen the states I had already run, and she did some research and we landed on the Kansas City Marathon!  Kristen is running her first Half Marathon and I am so excited for this weekend for her too.  I want her to have the same incredible first half marathon experience that I did.


For those of you who have been around here for a little bit, you may recall my first Half Marathon in Nashville in April 2013.  After the months of training, and blogging about training, the race climaxed with a 3-part blog entry about the weekend (Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3) and about what an incredible experience it was.  The running high from achieving that distance literally lasted about a month.  And the Paris Marathon was the same.  What could ever top those feelings?

As the race gets closer, I am having pre-race anxiety and getting scared and nervous.  It feels like forever ago that I did a long run.  Do I still have the mental and physical stamina to be able to do this?  Is this weird scratchy feeling in my throat going to cause a problem?  Is my Garmin going to die half way through?  Are the hills going to kill me?

So, with that.  That's what I am thinking.  I did 3 miles on Monday and 2 miles today.  Tomorrow when I get to Kansas City I will do my final 2 mile shake out run with Kristen and then rest these bad boys until Saturday.

I will do my best to check in, and until I check in next, let me leave you with this photo that will blow your mind.  You all like candy corn, right?  Right.  Well, ever wonder why candy corn is shaped and colored the way it is?  No?  Me either.  It's candy, I just eat it and go about my day.  But, when this picture was sent to me, OMG, I could not, not share it.  Look what candy corn looks like when you stack it up?  Corn on the cob!  So cool!

(via Imgur)

No comments:

Post a Comment