Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lately I've Been..

So, I've seen this going around the internet and thought that I would switch things up a bit and try it out myself.  What's been going on with you guys lately?!

Making:  So many new friends!  I have loved getting closer with everyone in Atlanta lately and building new relationships and friendships here.  I am really incredibly grateful for the friends and connections I have made in the city over the past few months.


Cooking:  Meals in the crock pot!  I've been in a bit of a cooking funk lately and haven't been cooking a ton but in a first step to get me back in the mood, I've been using the crock pot that I got for Christmas to make home cooked meals.  Last week I did this thai peanut pulled chicken recipe from Emily Bites Blog that I also made earlier this year and this week I am eating through Skinnytaste's Chicken Taco Chili.

Drinking:  A lot of coffee!  I have never been a coffee a day type person but lately I have been really craving (and loving!) a morning coffee.  I have never had a coffee maker at home but I am wondering if it is something that I should invest in because I know buying a coffee every day isn't very economical!  When I get coffee I just get a regular lighter roast or flavored coffee with skim milk.  I've been treating myself on the weekends to lattes or something fancier if I am inclined.


Reading:  EVERYDAY AMBASSADOR!!!  This week when I've had free time I've been curling up with the book my very best friend authored.  I am reading it so carefully and intently because it is surreal to read words that you know were put together by someone that you know.  I am loving the book so far though and cannot wait to post a review.  Look for it at Barnes & Noble near you or order on Amazon!!


Writing:  In the blog pretty consistently!  My goal is to write more this year than I have in other years, where the most I have ever written is 114 posts/year.  So, I am trying to average 10 posts a month - while still keeping the content [somewhat] interesting and writing real posts (aka I don't want to just put up filler posts to hit a goal - I want them to be real things I would have normally written.)  It is definitely keeping me on my toes!

Looking:  For Olympic distance triathlons in the Atlanta, GA area!!  I spent a good amount of time this week researching triathlons online this past week.  I found a few local sprint tris to do but have yet to sign up for an Olympic distance (or "intermediate" or "international" distance... whatever you want to call it.)

Playing: Music while I'm home.  I always play music while I am at home, but lately it's been a lot more and I am loving it.  My Pandora stations are getting very fine tuned!

Wasting: Money!  Or maybe not wasting money, but definitely spending a lot of money lately.  Between Arizona, my friend and brother visiting, registering for races, purchasing flights, and buying my bike... I've been spending a lot of money lately and I need to stop doing that!!

Wishing:  Flights were not so expensive or difficult to buy!  I mean, the act of buying them really isn't difficult, but I feel like so many plans are hard to make in advance.  I barely know how I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon, nonetheless what time I want to arrive in Boston for a wedding in September or in Chicago for my marathon!

Enjoying: Being active! Today was "National Running Day" and I did some crazy things to get runs in.  It's all been FUN though.  I love having friends who also find fitness fun and I have been enjoying all of the active-ness filling my days lately :)


Waiting:  For the title of my car to arrive in the mail!  For those of you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen my post that I have been having some challenges getting my car registered in the state of Georgia due to not having the title to my car.  Well, I finally was able to get ahold of the NY DMV and figure out some issues and was waiting anxiously for it to arrive!  It came on Friday, then I tried to go to the DMV on Monday, and it was closed.  So I went on Tuesday and voila - I am registered and legal in Georgia!!!


Liking: The sky.  It has been so beautiful lately and I am enjoying the skyline, setting sun, incredible clouds and all around beauty that is the sky above.  More than once I've found myself stopping to take it in or admire the skyline or snap a picture.  It's corny, but true!

Wondering: If I'm doing too much.  What my next job will be.  When KO will come visit in Atlanta so I can throw a book party.  If I should go say hi to that person over there.  What I should have for lunch.  What I should have for dinner.  What I should have for breakfast.  If my coffee habit is getting out of control.  What credit card I should get.  Where I should invest my money (not really, actually.)  What I would look like if I lost 15 pounds.  If I will survive the training plan I put together for Chicago.  When I should get a massage.  How many ounces of water a day should I really be drinking.  You get the picture, right?

Loving:  Atlanta!  Not too much else to say here, but that I am loving this city -- MY city!

Hoping: For the best.  Always!

Needing:  To get the air conditioner fixed in my car!!! It is so damn hot in Atlanta and the air conditioner has been broken for about a month now.  I don't mind driving with the windows down, but I really need to just get that stupid thing fixed.  It's so hard to find the time during the week to get out of work and to a mechanic though.

Wearing:  Sundresses! Sandals! NO COATS! Please see 3 above.  Love Atlanta and the weather!

Following: Betches on Instagram.  Pretty much everything that they post cracks me up.

Noticing: That I am in a better place than I thought I was.  I am down on myself about my weight pretty much always, but sometimes I just need to give myself credit.  I think I think I look worse than I actually do and I think that I obsess over the little things in my body more than anyone else is actually even noticing.  I think I am better off than I think I am.

Knowing: I have some really good people in my life.  Like, really, really, really good, solid, amazing, wonderful, kind people in my life.  I am so lucky.

Thinking: About my marathon training plan!!! I have the document open all the time just sort of staring at it, moving things around, trying to figure out details, etc.  Monday is coming soon and that's when it all starts!!!

Feeling: Motivated.  It comes and goes, so I run with it while I can!  Another week of 2x a day workouts, which has been feeling energized and ready to push.  I have one more week until I am on an "official" training plan for Chicago Marathon.  How crazy!?!  October feels SO far away, but it is getting close I guess.  June 8th it's on!!!

Bookmarking: Restaurants to try in Atlanta.  My list just keeps getting longer and longer!

Opening: My Weight Watchers app a lot more than I have in the past few months.  I've now been tracking every day since Tuesday which is an accomplishment for me.  It's always hard to get going when you have been off, so I'm proud that I am back in the habit for this first week.  I really want to get myself to new territory.

SO there you go people.  Enjoy and happy Hump Day!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment