Friday, March 4, 2016

Things I'm Loving Friday

Hey guys! I thought I would take a break from normal workout posts, travel stories, and race recaps just to share a few things that have been making me happy lately. Whenever I get back from a big trip I tend to have a little bit of "blues" but I've been doing a really good job lately of fighting that.

I mean, to be totally honest... my travel schedule isn't really allowing me to have those blues because I tons of stuff to look forward to in the next few months as well (including my first real vacation in a couple of years!!) BUT, I still have been proud of myself that I have been able to jump right back into the swing of things this week. I have been exercising and eating healthy and taking care of myself, which can be really hard to do for me when I have been out of a routine for a bit. So, let's keep things light and happy this week with a list of some things I am loving! [Inspired by Julie over at PB Fingers]

Girl Scout Cookie Tea

When I got back from my trip to Dubai, I had a package waiting for me that was a little Valentine's Day present from my mom! Funnily enough, we both sent each other things, but also both were away when the gifts arrived. Surprising people is hard, apparently.

One of the things my mom sent was two packages of Girl Scout cookie flavored tea!! I am a proud former girl scout, and as like an normal American, love me some Girl Scout cookies. However, as mentioned, I am doing my best to try and stay on track eating healthy and not feasting on junk food all hours of the day. Therefore, these Thin Mint and Somoa flavored teas are absolutely amazing and so fun and give me a bit of my Girl Scout cookie fix. Thanks, Mom!


Snapchat

Don't laugh. Snapchat is a ton of fun. Lately, I have been totally loving Snapchat, probably because I have been traveling so much. It is such a fun way to share new places with people and really just bring in all the experiences that you are seeing around you, in a way that I don't with other forms of social media because I know that the "stories" or the content that I post, is going to disappear within 24 hours. So, I don't mind if it isn't well edited, if the footage is raw, if there aren't a lot of views, or if they show drinking or silly things that I wouldn't otherwise want tied to my public digital presence.

I also love seeing what my friends post. I only follow a small group of people and it gives me inside views into their travels, lives, and worlds that I would otherwise not be able to. If you are on Snapchat and are interested in following me, my account is HungryTwenties (duh!). [Warning: My Snapchat is CONSIDERABLY less exciting when I am here in Atlanta and not traveling.]


Epsom Salt Baths

So, last summer I opened up to you guys about my psoriasis and personal struggles managing the condition with my skin. However, I never really wrote more about it, although I have been trying to be better about not censoring pictures that I post just if they show my skin covered in outbreaks. Well, the truth of the matter is that right now my skin is pretty horrible. It has been getting really bad again lately, after doing well for a few months and it is has been rather uncomfortable lately. This definitely does not qualify as "things I'm loving" BUT what has been really nice is that I am taking more of an effort to take daily Epsom Salt baths.

My goal is to soak for at least 15 minutes every day as I have found that to be helpful to my skin in the past if I can do it consistently. The baths have had added benefits of being a great way to relax, soothe my muscles from training, and giving me a constant reminder to read a bit each day, because that's my general go-to activity for bath time. Definitely, definitely this counts as things I'm loving!


Big Salads

Not really much more to say here. I bought a bunch of veggies and prepped them all on Monday evening and this week have been enjoying giant salads of spring mix greens, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, corn, alfalfa sprouts, egg whites and avocado with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper! Yum.



Weight Training

I don't know why but I am on a little weight training fix. I want to learn more about it. I want to keep trying to lift heavy. I want to see if I can get as excited about getting a PR in the weight room as I can running. I have been trying to pay more attention to weight training since last January but it has always come second fiddle. It still is, to be honest, but I would love to keep working at it to see what kind of gains I can make. It is starting to feel a bit addicting to me and it is different from running in that I can feel the burn of a good workout for a few days after. I'm totally intrigued right now.


Cely's Posts About Biking

One of my favorite bloggers out there is Cely at Running Off the Reese's. She is hysterical, honest, forthcoming, and I feel like everyone who reads her blog wants to be her best friend. Lately, I have been really resonating with the posts she has had up about training for a long bike ride and also training for a running race. Mainly, her struggles and anxieties about riding her bike on the road. This continues to be a huge challenge for me as I train for this Half Ironman and I still dread the bike rides and am working hard to fit them in. I've been loving that her posts lately are reiterating exactly what I am feeling. It is nice to know that you are not alone in what you experience!

Fuller House

Okay, okay, I know it is totally cheesy, however, this week, my TV show of choice while I have been riding my bike trainer (side note: NOT a thing I am loving!) has been Fuller House. I adored that show growing up. I used to watch it every week on TGIF and when they moved it to Thursday's, it was past my bedtime and my mom and I wrote a letter to the TV people asking them to move it back. I was obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley and Full House was my family. Watching the show now has been like catching up with an old friend and the cheesiness of it makes me smile.

-------

And with that, it's about where my list ends for now. Here are a few things I am loving, hopefully you are enjoying them too and having a great week. Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! We will be linking to this particularly great article on our website.Keep up the great writing.
    buy laptops in dubai

    ReplyDelete