Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ready.

I finished my half marathon training plan today.  I did a 2 mile run over lunch today at work and that's that.  Yes, I made coworkers take pictures of me.  I was excited and happy!


In fact, I was so distracted by the fact that I'd finished my training plan, that I forgot to take a towel when I went to shower at the gym.  Let me spell this out for you a little... the towels are next to the water fountains in the big room with the equipment and cardio machines.  Why they aren't in the locker rooms, I do not know.  Yet it wasn't until 1/2 way through my shower that I realized, "Oh shit, I never took a towel."

So yeah, my giddiness in finishing training went away quickly when I had to pull my sweaty clothes back on to my soaking wet body and run back out in the middle of the gym, dripping wet, to grab a towel.  Woops.

With my running plan... nothing but race day left!
For dinner tonight I had lots of water, some pasta with a pesto sauce I'd bought ages ago, spinach, and toast.  I still had some of that yummy baklava left over so that was my dessert.  



The pesto wasn't that great.  I bought it at this awesome place in New York City called Eataly months ago.  I expected it to be somehow different... I love anything with truffles so I had high expectations, but they just didn't meet.  Which was sort of a bummer.  But the bread and spinach and whole meal together, was great.  And ya know what was even better?  I think for the first time in a long, long time I ate an indulgent meal filled with carbs without the slightest bit of guilt or remorse.  Yum.

I've got to finalize packing and head to bed.  Flight at 6:00 a.m.!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment