Tuesday, April 2, 2013

True Story.

[A scene from 3 hours earlier tonight while at dinner at Rizzuto's in Greenwich, CT]

Me:  Which do you recommend?  The pappardelle or the penne?
Waitress:  Well, they are both really good but I like the penne because it is lighter.  The pappardelle is really heavy.
Me:  Oh, okay.  Well then I'll take the pappardelle.

Choosing the "heavy dish?"  Yup, that's me.

A win for the day is that I ended up getting to sneak to the treadmill between the end of our sessions and the beginning of dinner.  Although my muscles were somehow tighter than the beginning of the day, I was more awake, had more willpower, and also had the fact that I had two mini desserts at lunch to motivate me to get moving.  I literally strapped on the safety strap for the treadmill (for the first time in my life) and said to myself, "I'm either finishing these 3 miles or I'm falling off this damn treadmill, but I'm not stopping."

Sometimes I literally felt like my legs were going to buckle they were so sore from yesterday's squats but I did those 3 damn miles.

And then I ate this.  Ugh.  This always happens.

Taken before I had a generous helping of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Duh.

1 comment: