Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hot and humid Tuesday!

Some day, I will learn to stop eating before I am stuffed, however, today is not that day.  How's it going friends?  Are you having a good week?  Is it hot as heck whereever you are today??

Summer is here and although I feel like I just finished complaining about how cold it is, I'm already ready to start talking about how hot it is!  The temperature got up to almost 90 today, which is probably the warmest day that we've had so far this year.  It was also the day that the work lunchtime outdoor interval class kicked off, which is what I did for today's workout.

The class is always a great workout and the fitness center at work does a really good job of putting the class on, but man is it tough to work out in the hot sun right at noon when the sun is highest in the sky and then go back to work.  I don't think I stopped sweating until about 3:00 p.m. and it was far too hot to blow dry my hair right after I showered.  SO I spent the afternoon looking a bit like a beast but that's okay.  The red face look is in, right?


This week has been going well because it started off pretty positive after a really fun and happy day on Sunday with my family for Father's Day!  I went to spin class with my mom in the morning and then went over to my Dad's with my brother and sister to spend my day with my dad and our little twin brothers.  


I am so obsessed with these little guys and every time I spend with them the more attached I get.  This day was awesome because we were able to be there for a fun life event -- taking the boy's training wheels off their bikes and teaching them to ride a two wheeler!






It was SO adorable to see the two of them succeed at riding their bikes and see how excited they got about it.  While they were riding Nicholas started yelling out, "BEST! DAY! EVER!" which was really adorable and at one point, right after he yelled it out, BAM! he smashed right into the one car that was in the entire parking lot.  After we made sure he was okay, we could NOT stop laughing.  It was amazing.

Since the boys were really little, I've always had fun taking silly pictures with the boys. I totally adore them and love the fun times I get to have with them.  Tristan especially has always been my little picture buddy and since he was 2.5 we've loved to take silly pictures together.






A little while later, Nicholas decided to join in on the picture fun too.






As fun as all those pictures are, my favorite from the whole day was one of Tristan and I.  It also was one of my favorite moments in a while.  I was sitting on the grass and Tristan came over and sat on my lap and snuggled up with me.  My brother was kind enough to snap a picture and this is now the screen lock on my cell phone.  Also, I feel like my arm looks skinny, so that's pretty cool.


I must say, my family is pretty awesome and I really do love them.  It was a fun day on Sunday!


Monday started with a 4-mile run and ended with meeting up with some friends at the local bar to watch the USA vs. Ghana World Cup game.  I have been really trying to eat well the past two days and have been tracking what I eat on my Weight Watchers app.  It's really, really hard when you are eating out a lot, which I have been doing the past two nights (and have more plans to in the next week...)

I had a salad last night but tonight struggled a bit with my meal.  One day at a time.  I'm trying.

After dinner tonight I went for a walk with a couple friends, just a short one, but it was nice.  And I just really like moving.  It makes me happy that fitness and exercise is a part of my life.  Someday, I will learn to get the eating under control.  I just need to do it one day at a time...

It's weird.  Every time I set out to try and lose weight and get my diet under control it seems just as impossible as ever.  And I for the life of me cannot remember how I mustered up the will power the last time around.

But it will come, I have faith.  I have strength.

Until then, I will be shoving myself into my clothes that are a bit too tight and feel even tighter with the heat and humidity lately.  Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment