Thursday, March 7, 2013

I got my 4 miles in!

Man, I could very easily not have written this post tonight but I did because I thought of one of the things that made my day today.  That was Ms. Kimberly Kate telling me that she loved reading my blog post from yesterday, that I didn't think was very exciting.  So even though I am pretty wiped, I figured I would write this up.

At this point in the week, everything I'm eating is a repeat... egg sandwich, oatmeal concoction, chicken and sweet potatoes, etc. so nothing really new to report there.  However, one thing that I haven't been writing about that I've been eating a lot of this week is chocolate.

Does anybody else have a problem with the office candy bowls?  I have a severe problem.  Admitting is the first step, right?

I know every single person on my floor who has candy bowls out. I know who has the good candy and whose bowls to stay away from.  One girl on my floor recently refilled her bowl with Dove Promises chocolates... milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel.  Another woman has Werther's Caramels.  And further down the hall is mini Milky Ways.

I'm pretty sure that these candies in the bowls are for the people who have meetings or actual business being at the owner's cube, which makes sense.  But at some point in every day this week, I have found myself getting up from my desk with no reason to move besides to sneak down the hall for a walk to said candy bowls.  If the owner of these candy bowls is sitting at their desk, I keep walking to the next bowl.  I don't want to let them know that I'm coming by to just sneak their candy.


Now seriously, I am a grown adult.  There is no way that this is not a problem.

The worst part is that, if they are NOT there, I stock up.  I don't think I've ever just taken one candy from the bowl.  I take 2-3 in case the next time I am craving candy they are sitting there.  However, you know how it goes, and I can't keep an available piece of candy in front of me for 5 minutes without wanting to eat it.  So inevitably I eat those 2-3 pieces right away and then I'm in the same position until the next time I am sitting at my desk and remember, "There are Dove Caramels not too far from you right now."

What is wrong with me?  These aren't even my candies!!

Because I've been trying to be good, I've been counting the Weight Watchers points of the candies I steal.  And those little suckers add up quickly!!  This weird, sneaky binge eating of my coworkers candy has GOT to stop soon.  I just need to figure out how.

In other news, I ran 4.5 miles over lunch today!  My goal was to get in the 4 miles that I wasn't able to complete yesterday, and I was feeling pretty good so I just kept going the extra half a mile, which felt great to run OVER the goal that I had set for myself.  I also tried hot yoga tonight for the first time after work.  I have one word to describe that... SWEATY.  I couldn't do as much of the yoga as I wanted because I was having a hard time breathing.  But I do feel pretty good now, very cleansed.  I sort of feel like I may have use hot yoga like a sauna though, because I had to sit so much out.  I am not sure if I should keep trying it, or if I should continue with regular yoga, and then just use a sauna if I am feeling the need to sweat my brains out.

Like, literally, my top could have been wrung out at the end of class.  After I tried spinning for the first time, I thought "I have never sweat this much in my life."  But there is a new winner.

If anyone ever invents "hot spinning" I think I would literally just turn into a puddle.

I hope everyone had a good Thursday and a fun weekend ahead of them -- I know I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment