Monday, March 11, 2013

Not feeling the spring in my step today!

Happy Monday everyone -- hope you are making it through this day a little better than I am.  I could not get out of bed today and felt like I was dragging myself through the day.  Darn that lost hour of sleep yesterday!!

So, I wanted to tell you all a little bit about my weekend, because first off, Saturday was a proud day for me.  I officially ran my furthest that I have ever run before in my life.  I set a new distance PR, running 8 miles on the treadmill in my 1/2 marathon training!!  It was definitely tough but it gave me energy that maybe I will actually be able to accomplish this thing.  And it felt great to conquer new territory on the treadmill.  Especially after my attempt at running 7 miles hadn't gone so well.

My good day continued when I traveled to Massachusetts to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. It was a great time, as usual, when my family gets together.  We're a silly and loud group with lots of different personality types, but somehow we all get along and have an awesome time together.  We had family come in from all over the country... California, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina, etc. to be able to celebrate.  I love my family!

Waiting for the guest of honor!
The fam!
Giving Grammy some love!
Happy 80th Birthday Gram!
Mom and I!
The food we had was delicious at the party as well.  I didn't take any pictures of the appetizers but the bacon wrapped scallops, chicken fingers, stuffed mushrooms, and hummus were all super yummy.  For dinner I had the steak which was soft and flavorful.  The mashed potatoes and green beans were perfect sides.


And of course, it's not a birthday without some cake!


The rest of my weekend was nice, relaxing and spending time outside in the beautiful weather walking around Albany's Washington Park.  Tonight I was able to get my food prepped and ready for the week and I hope to get to bed early.  I sleep when I feel like I have gotten a lot done in a day and today was a productive day at work and I also prepped all my veggies, fruit, etc. to have another week of healthy eating!  I didn't get to the gym today but my body needed a little rest so that's okay.

One other thing that happened today... I received a little impulse purchase I made last week in the mail. I know this is totally random and I have no idea what I am going to do with this but I saw it online and just immediately bought it.  I have lately been on a total salted caramel kick and when my daily Hungry Girl e-mail told me about this new Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel syrup, I bought it before I realized I had nothing to do with it.



But whatever, it's kind of awesome and I'm so excited haha.  I put it in hot chocolate today at work.  Weird? Maybe.  I don't know. I have a whole bottle that I have to figure out what to do with people!!!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment