Wednesday, March 6, 2013

All Over Albany, you made my day.

Today was a pretty busy day that involved me running around a lot at work.  I stopped at my desk after a few different meetings right before 1:00 p.m. to grab a couple things before heading off to another couple hours of meetings.  I saw that I had received a few messages on the work instant messaging system from someone named Mark (hi Mark, if you're reading!)

Mark's message reads something along the lines of, "Hey Katelyn, don't think I'm creepy but I was just reading All Over Albany over lunch and clicked over to your blog post on the tacos and thought, "This is a pretty cool post!" Then I clicked around your blog and thought, "This is a pretty cool blog!" Then I realized that you worked at GE, so I just wanted to message you and ask you... where did you get the tacos?" [Did I get that right Mark?]

I just sort of thought to myself, "What in the....?"

Well, my friends at All Over Albany did it again (hi Greg!) and linked to me in their "What's Up in the Neighborhood?" post.  Which I love, since I barely get any traffic here, and they always give me a boost and I love the random comments I get.  So thank you!!  And thank you Mark for not being afraid to reach out and ask me where to get $2 tacos on Tuesdays, because you also made my day :)

Aside from that, my day was hectic, which meant lots of random snacks eaten throughout the day.  Lunch was my old favorite of oatmeal, banana, and peanut butter.  Eaten during a meeting per usual.  And I also have a new midday snack favorite... I recently found little individual sized 6 oz microwaveable bags of frozen edamame.  They are 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and an AWESOME at work snack.  I apparently forgot to take a picture, but it wasn't that exciting and I will definitely be repeating it, so whatever.  They are made by Seapoint Farms and they are PERFECT.

I ended up working pretty late tonight -- until around 8pm and had a 4 mile run scheduled for the evening.  Since I worked late, I didn't manage to actually get ON a treadmill until later and fit in 2 miles before the gym closed at 9:00 p.m. and kicked me out.  Even though I didn't get my full run in, I am really proud of myself because it would have been so easy to skip and do nothing.  And 2 miles is def better than nothing :)

I came home late to a quick dinner that was ready courtesy of some Trader Joe's pre-cooked rosemary and garlic chicken I'd gotten over the weekend and some onions and sweet potatoes I roasted on Sunday.  It really helps to plan ahead, people!!  Dinner was ready 5 minutes after I walked in the door.  And only 6 PointsPlus.  This, followed by some fat free hot chocolate made with a cup of skim milk (3 PointsPlus) was the perfect end to my day.


But hey, you know what wasn't so perfect?  I also came home to my flowers that I got on Sunday looking like this...


The orange guys are clearly blooming and looking awesome, by the hydrangeas (I think?) are all wilted and I then realized that there was no water left.  The flowers sucked up all the water I had put in on Sunday!! I recently had roses for about 2 weeks in a vase and they didn't drink up all the water.  These guys did it in 3 days!  Anybody know anything about flowers and know which of these flowers is the thirsty ones? I filled the vase back up and hoping that my hydrangeas rejuvenate  a bit.  We'll see!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.  I love Thursdays.  It is like when you are running in a race and you can see the finish line. The weekend is SO CLOSE!  I also am going to be trying hot yoga for the first time tomorrow night and am a bit nervous but a excited too!  I will report back.  I hear there is a lot of sweating involved...


No comments:

Post a Comment