Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday: Tuesday edition

For those of you who read this blog and no other food blogs (hi Grampy!) you may not be familiar with "What I Ate Wednesday" which is a series many bloggers do, sharing what they eat in a typical day.  I have never really done one of these before.  If I did, I probably forgot about it and it was so long ago because of it, but anyways, I decided to share a day in my eating plan this Wednesday.  Mainly because I took a picture of all my snacks and I usually eat all my food before I take pictures. Although the post is called "What I ate WEDNESDAY" this is actually what I ate on Tuesday.  Deal with it.

I generally do not eat a breakfast before my morning workouts.  Unless it is something really really hard or I wake up starving, I am pretty okay working out on an empty stomach.  For example, I ate breakfast before going to my 7:00 am run on Sunday morning of 10 miles but this week I did not eat anything before heading out of the house to do my morning workout.

I swam for 30 minutes in the pool at the gym at an easy pace, finishing 1500 meters, before showering and heading into the office arriving at 8:15 a.m.  When I arrive, I unpack my lunch box taking the things that don't need to be refridgerated to my desk and leaving everything else in my lunch box.  I didn't take pictures of EVERY individual thing, but pretty much this is what I ate all day.


At 8:30 a.m. I had some cut up strawberries, raspberries, 1 cup of multigrain cheerios, and 1 cup of skim milk along with some vanilla bean flavored coffee that I have with just skim milk in it.  Oh and I started downing my water.


At 10:30 a.m. I had a snack of an apple.

At Noon I had my lunch of the quinoa salad I made over the weekend.  This picture pretty much sums it up but I also had my serving with a quarter of an avocado chopped up on top.  The quinoa salad is made up of quinoa, cooked mushrooms and onions, and then tomato and cucumber just chunked up, shredded carrots, goat cheese and then the avocado on top.  I think if I made it again, which I probably will, I will just keep things seperate before adding them all together.  The goat cheese sort of melted into the salad because the quinoa was still warm and the cucumbers have gotten a little bit mushy and are letting off some moisture which is making it a little unappealing to look at, although still very delicious.


12:30 p.m.  I also had 2 caramel rice cakes that I keep in my drawer at work so they weren't pictured above.

2:00 p.m.  Bag of green beans.

3:00 p.m.  Two hard boiled eggs - just the whites!  And some green tea.

4:00 p.m.   Bag of grapes

5:00 p.m.  As I am driving to my run workout I ate a Quest Chocolate Chunk bar in the car on the way there.  I love these things.

8:30 p.m.  When I got home I made a smoothie, that I forgot to take a picture of that consisted of 1 frozen banana, some frozen peach, strawberry and blueberry blend, 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.

9:00 p.m.  I air popped a bit of popcorn that I ate with salt and some spray butter.  Also lots of water.  But that was all day long.


And that's my "What I Ate Wednesday" for you guys!  If you are interested in the Weight Watchers points breakdown, let me know and I'm happy to write it out for you.  I just assumed most people didn't care here.  Happy Hump Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete